Welcome to another exciting post in the "Business Blogging" series. If you are new to this Blog , we do posts like this every Tuesday to help Bloggers of all levels scale up in Blogging. As you can tell by the topic above , It's all about using the Blogger Platform which we know a little "sumn sumn" about.
This Blog is actually on the Blogger Platform that we chose 5 years ago to be the home of this Blog. We then decided to get a Blogger Hosted Domain so people can find us quicker and easier and also remember out name without the .blogspot.com in the name. Yes , our layout is a bit different and that is because we had it customized. Here is a step by step guide for how to use the Blogger Platform.
To create a blog on the Blogger platform , you will need to have a Google Account. To create one go to www.google.com. If you already have Google Account , you are already on your way! Simply go to www.blogger.com and click the Get Started button which creates the Create a Google Account page. Click the sign in First link in the first paragraph at the top of the page ( above the form ) and enter your existing Google account username from the Gmail , Google groups and other Google Products , a drop down menu will appear and you will see the Blogger Icon in Orange ( that says Blogger and a "b" in lower case ) If you are not seeing this select "more options" from the drop down menu and it should appear.
If you DON'T have a Google Account , follow these steps to start a Blog with Blogger.
- Visit the Blogger Home Page: Enter www.blogger.com into your browser , and the Blogger Home Page opens.
- Click the Get Started Button : The Create a Google Account page will open.
- Enter the Relevant Info in the text box provided and click the "Continue" button: The Name Your Blog page will open.
- Enter a title for your Blog and the word verification code and click "continue": The choose a template page will open . This is completely up to you the type of Template you choose. It can be changed at any time and it's customizable.
- Click the Template you like from the list then click "continue" : As mentioned above , the Templates are customizable and can be changed as often as you wish.
- Click the Start Blogging Button : Your Blogger account will open with your new Blog's "New Post" page which is indicated by a pencil icon to the top right or left of your page ( depending on your computer )
I hope that this post helped you to get a better understanding of using the Blogger Platform. Hang tight for the re-launch of our Online Blogging Course. This course will be less than USD$20 and will be an additional 5% off for the first 100 people who purchase. Be sure to subscribe to our Newsletter for exclusive offers and info into all things Haute.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO ALL THESE PHOTOS | NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED