Hi Guys! Happy Monday! We've reached a new goal as you can see if you look to the top right of this page. Thank you all so much for your viewership :-) Today we'll be talking about shopping for clothing on a budget. Whether you are a Fashionista or not, you need clothes. By law it is highly recommended that you wear clothes in public just for your safety and everybody elses. Here are a few tips to have you looking "Haute" without breaking the bank.
Shop at "alternate"places: Here in Jamaica, if you are looking for a good deal on a Budget, your best bet will be to head Downtown Kingston or Cross Roads. You can find anything from a pin to an anchor downtown depending on the street you go on. If you are overseas, try an Outlet Mall. Most of these places might be a bit out of the way in terms of the distance, but if you plan in advance, it will be beneficial to you.
Buy Essential Pieces: There are certain pieces you need to have in your wardrobe that are considered as "essential" If you invest in these pieces, they can be transitioned into creating many looks by simply pairing them with other items. Click Here to see those pieces.
Use the 70/30 Rule: 70 % of your wardrobe should be classic items ( items that are considered timeless and will not go out of style ) The remaining 30% should be Trendy Items ( items that are hip and in style) You don't need to spend a lot on trendy items because they go out of style really fast and you don't want to have them taking up space in your closet.
Re-cycle/Up Cycle Clothing: If you are into thrifting visit a Thrift shop and you will see items at a ridiculous low cost. In Jamaica, you can visit the Salvation Army store downtown. Another great way is to re-cycle by shopping from your mother's / grandmothers closet. Fashion repeats itself so you are sure to find something for FREE in your mother/grandmother's closet that can be of use to you. Up-cycling involves you taking an old item and adding various trimmings/ hardware to make it look new again. You can add studs to an old T-Shirt or Bleach a pair of pants.
Know When To Buy: There are certain times of the year when clothing is cheaper ( except in Jamaica ...lol ) Anyway, I find that things are cheaper in April since not a lot of people are shopping then and also Summer since its "Back to School" time. Never "shop shop" in December unless you are rich which would defeat the purpose of Shopping on a Budget ..lol . Seriously though, Retailers know that most people will be shopping at the end of the year so the prices are always high. Its always best to shop earlier in the year for deals. If you are in the states, Black Friday is a good time to buy everything you need for the festive season.
*Images may be subject to Copyright*
I really hope I've helped at least ONE person today. Please feel free to comment below.
If you are too shy to comment .. send an e-mail to email@example.com