1. Cheerful Colour Blocking - I remember doing a post on Colour Blocking, however , i spoke about using neutral colours like black, brown and grey ( you get the picture).This time it is all about Bold Solid Colours. In order to not have a "rainbow bright" look , stick to a maximum of 3 colours. Check out Dulcecandy below:
2. Anoraks - An Anorak is a sort of jacket that is usually worn in rainy weather. They have a "sporty yet rainy" chic. This is of course not ideal for Jamaican weather ( Unless you live in Mandeville or any of those parishes that get really cold).
3. Super Bold Prints - Yup prints are still in for Spring. This time , try to find the ones with bright colours.
4.Oranges and Tangerines - Spring is a time for bright cheerful colours , if you are not the type of person who likes bright cheerful colours , you will not like this trend. Go Bold or Go Home!!
5. Pink Shorts Suits- Who would have thought this trend would have become popular? This is a great way to show off those legs ladies. Please make sure the shorts are not too short so that they expose your "lady parts".
6.Futuristic Prints - The first thing that comes to mind when one says "Prints" is usually Leopard. Well as it relates to Futuristic prints , what i mean are those weird geometric , psychedelic type prints. With this trend you can either go bold and wear "all prints" or more subtle and wear a printed top/bottom and another solid piece.
7.Pastel Shades - This is one of the biggest trends for 2012 overall. Pastel shades are actually colours that are light , they have a certain degree of white added to them to get that soft hue.
8. Colourful Camouflage- That's the same Army/ Soldier prints. I know that the shade of green is probably not the most flattering on any body type , that is why for spring the "fashion peeps" have decided to add some colour. Yay!!
9. Metallic Basics. Think Austin Powers in Gold Member. Metallics are back. I've been seeing them in pants , blazers, dresses and even hot pants. Since this is such an "outstanding" look all on its own , you might wanna mix this look with a solid piece.
10. Peplum - By now you should have all know what a Peplum is, if not please view my post on " A little PEPlum talk. The Peplum is still going strong for spring , the main focus is on skirts, shirts and dresses.
11. Sheer - Sheer is that light airy "see through" material . It requires little or no steaming and is usually worn in countries that have warm climates ( Jamaica) . Quick tip : Make sure to layer your sheer top with a cami or tank) .
Disclaimer : Images may be subject to Copyright. Also , i would not recommend wearing all the Trends at once.